It seems I am forced to listen to the same tired arguments over and over again.
The problem is that an abused monkey can't see the violence. This should not be a difficult exercise, but we will go through the one issue at a time. Instead of towing party lines meant to confuse the monkey, the monkey needs to analyze the issues objectively.
Before reading this, it may be important to see the previous blog Defining Your Terms . To reiterate, property is just the right to control physical resources (including your own body), and violence is some action against property. Self defense is complicated, but should only a response to initiation. Also, less violence is generally better than more. If you can't agree on this, then you can either refute (below) with something hopefully coherent, or preferably, go troll someone else's blog.
So I'd like to propose my own attempt at these issues. I may be swayed, of course, but I've thought quite a bit about these. Topic headers borrowed from (http://www.studentnewsdaily.com/conservative-vs-liberal-beliefs/). There are others, but I thought this was a fairly comprehensive list.
I will be creating a blog to make statements on each of these subjects, and linking them from here when I am finished:
Abortion
Afirmative Action
Death Penalty
Economy
Education
Energy
Euthanasia
Global Warming/Climate Change
Gun Control
Healthcare
Homeland Security
Immigration
Private Property
Religion
Same-Sex Marriage
Social Security
Taxes
United Nations (UN)
Terrorism
Welfare
No comments:
Post a Comment